Merlyn The Wizard Dog

Merlyn The Wizard Dog

Monday, August 8, 2011

Hooray!

This past weekend started off like any other; a few walks, chasing my tennis ball, running from Mo, laying on the tile floor to stay cool, nothing special.  UNTIL I went outside last night after dinner, and what do I see???  A brand new doggie pen, built just for me!!!  It has pretty black fencing and two fancy gates, lots of grass to lay on so it tickles my belly, a sidewalk to walk on when the grass gets too wet, and best of all there is plenty of room to chase my beautiful orange ball.  The Nice People worked on it all afternoon yesterday in the hot sun, just to make me happy.  They know how I love to lay in the grass, dig a little, play ball and soak up the sun's rays while the summer breeze blows through my golden fur.  I am so lucky to have a Nice Family.

Last night, even though she was tired from working on my pen, the Nice Lady practiced some new tricks with me and Mo.  I am working on "Play Dead", and "Give Kisses".  Mo needs to work on not stealing my treats.  The Nice Lady also tried to teach me something called "Spin", but I outsmarted her by figuring out if I just sit still she eventually gives me the treat anyways.  Mo, on the other hand, turns around in a big silly circle when The Nice Lady says "Spin", as if turning a circle is going to impress anyone...


I hope you all had a nice weekend like we did.  Don't work too hard this week, and remember to show your nice family how much you love and appreciate them for taking good care of you.

Love,
Merlyn

No comments:

Post a Comment