Merlyn The Wizard Dog

Merlyn The Wizard Dog

Thursday, August 18, 2011

TREATS TO DROOL FOR

Every dog has their own favorite treats.  For some it's cheese.  I happen to like cheese just fine on the way down, it's the second taste of it that doesn't sit so well with me.  And trust me, I taste it twice every time, so The Nice People tend to shortchange me in the cheese department.

Other dogs love chicken.  I'm not a huge chicken fan either, it's a little on the dry side for my liking.  I'd much rather be chasing a chicken than eating one.

Here are some of my favorites, in no particular order:
1.  Bacon.  I LOVE bacon.  Even the butcher knows when The Nice People order steaks that they don't need to bother wrapping them in bacon, the bacon just goes in with the steaks and gets cooked for me.  I can smell bacon a mile away, and once I smell it I can't keep from pacing, whining, drooling, and generally making a pest of myself until it winds up in my bowl.  When I'm done, my bowl is shinier than the day The Nice People bought it.  Lip smackin' good!
2.  Tuna.  Not the kind The Nice Man grills, but the kind that comes out of the can.  When I hear the can opener twisting I just know that I'm going to get to lick the can of it's leftovers.  The Nice Lady hates the smell of tuna and always can tell when I've had some.  At least she doesn't give me a bath every time, I'm not sure it would be worth it.

3.  Shortbread.  Oh my goodness, break out the Walkers stuff in the little plaid packages and I am a puddle at your feet.  I hear that plastic wrapper scrunching and I come running from the far corners of the house to sit pretty at The Nice Man's feet.  Even though he complains I know it's really that he loves shortbread as much as me and hates parting with it.  But to his credit, he always shares, even if it's just the crumbs.  He's an ole softy.

I hope your family keeps the pantry stocked with all of your favorite treats too!

Love,
Merlyn

No comments:

Post a Comment