Merlyn The Wizard Dog

Merlyn The Wizard Dog

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

PLAY BALL!!!

Want to know what makes me happy?  I mean, tail-wagging, butt-wriggling, pitter-patter-heart-beating-really-fast happy???  Playing B A L L !  There is NOTHING I don't LOVE about playing BALL!!  

Inside, I have this tennis ball that Stella helped me chew all the yellow fuzz off of (The Nice Lady was SO impressed).  The Big House is open floor plan so I can chase that ball all the way from the front door to the back door without anything slowing me down.  I can do this really fast too, even though I have to go up and down some stairs (which I've gotten very good at).

Outside, ohhhhhh booyyyyy, this is my favorite part, OUTSIDE I have this lovely ORANGE SOCCER BALL that is deflated just enough that I can grab it on the run, or pluck it out of the air on the bounce.  I can dribble it with my nose and even The Nice Man has a tough time getting the ball off of me and he is a soccer champ!  I don't mean to brag, but I'm tellin' ya, I am REALLY GOOD with that ball!  I have other balls outside but this one is my FAVORITE, CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT IT, ball.  In the Small House I had a pen in the backyard just for ball chasing, I could do it for hours before collapsing in a panting heap happy as Larry.  At the Big House I don't have a pen, yet, but The Nice Man promises me that I will have one, and it will be wonderful, maybe even with a tunnel system and lots of room to dig to Scotland (my granny and grandad live there.)

So I hope this hot Iowa weather lets up soon so The Nice People can get my pen built and I can get back to chasing my orange ball.  I hope you are all blessed with that one special toy that you love more than all the rest.  Isn't being a dog great?

Love,
Merlyn

No comments:

Post a Comment