Merlyn The Wizard Dog

Merlyn The Wizard Dog

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Welcome Home

Last night The Nice Lady opened the front door just after dark and let Mo and I out onto the big front porch to patrol the neighborhood.  I take this job very seriously.  You never know when a rabbit will sneak into the yard to nibble our pretty plants, or when someone might walk on the sidewalk in front of our house and need to be announced.  I pace from left to right against the railing checking things out, reporting back to The Nice Lady for an occasional pat on the head or belly rub for doing such a good job.


Suddenly, my ears pricked up high and I raced to the side of the porch by the driveway and began to whine loudly to get The Nice Lady's attention...The Nice Man was coming!!  I could hear his car from a block away (my gorgeous ears are super tuned to anything related to The Nice Man).  By the time he pulled into the driveway I was in full HAPPY MODE, tail wagging, barking, and jumping at the front door to be let in (how disappointed The Nice Man would be if I wasn't at the back door to greet him when he came inside!)  The Nice Lady understands how important this ritual is so she let me in right away and I raced to the back door and began to howl, letting him know I was waiting for him.


And just like always, The Nice Man came inside, knelt down on one knee and scratched me behind the ears good and proper; he doesn't even put his bag down first.  He is as happy to see me as I am to see him!  He eventually gives a little belly rub to Mo too, but I'm first cos I'm his best buddy.  I like that he counts on me to welcome him home every day, it makes me feel important and loved.  I hope your Nice People are as happy to see you at the end of a hard day at work as mine are.


Love,
Merlyn

No comments:

Post a Comment